We're Here When Milwaukee County Residents Need Help With Fire Damage | SERVPRO® West Milwaukee
If you have fire damage due to a heating malfunction or other issue, count on SERVPRO of West Milwaukee to fully restore your home.
We're Here When Waukesha County Residents Need Help With Fire Damage | SERVPRO® West Milwaukee
Milwaukee County residents know that when they need us most we’re here to help remediate and repair fire damage.
No one likes to think about fire damage, but it’s a common problem in the United States—something millions of Americans will deal with over the next year. That could include some families and neighbors in our community.
Want to know why so many families trust us in the community? Here’s what makes us different:
We believe in restoration. Our team helps families recover from a fire in a way that’s both logical and economical. Experts are there at every step. We’ll help you save money on repairs and insurance premiums.
We can do the entire process for you. House fires can damage upholstery, walls and more. Issues resulting from water and smoke are common problems, too. We have the tools and resources to remediate these issues. We’ll make the damage like it never happened.
We are a locally owned business. SERVPRO locations are everywhere—all across the United States. This location is locally owned. It’s staffed by team members who live in Milwaukee County and the surrounding communities. But since we are a SERVPRO location, we can use the resources, equipment and training you would find at a leading-edge company. Our team brings the advantages of that partnership to the jobs we do for our neighbors here.
We’re here 24⁄7. Beginning the restoration process quickly is an important step in getting your home back to its original state. When it’s an emergency, we’re available 24⁄7. We make sure our team is here when it matters most.
<h2fire-damage-during-winter">Increased Fire Damage During Winter
Fires aren’t a seasonal hazard, but more of them happen during the winter months. The season’s unique conditions create additional fire hazards homeowners should know about.
Space heaters without automatic shutoff functions can topple over. Candles left burning can fall over when someone bumps a table.
Kitchen fires happen more often, as many people are cooking and baking for the holidays. Christmas tree accidents are a leading cause of fires.
Other threats have little to do with holiday parties and more to do with the home malfunctioning items. Broken furnaces and issues with appliances happen sometimes.
If you have fire damage in your home due to a kitchen, heating or other fire, you can count on us for restoration assistance. Our team is always ready to meet your needs and help you restore your home. Contact us at any time to learn more about our restoration services.
Save Time and Money By Choosing Restoration | SERVPRO® of West Milwaukee
Have you sustained property damage and feeling overwhelmed? We are here to help, contact SERVPRO of West Milwaukee
Save Time and Money By Choosing Restoration | SERVPRO® of Southeast Waukesha County/West Franklin
While any type of damage to your home can be difficult to experience and recover from, if you have damage due to an emergency event, there can be many emotional hurdles on the road to recovery. Events like fire, floods and severe weather can have a long-lasting impact, but fortunately, we are here to make the recovery process as easy as possible for our customers.
We have helped hundreds of local residents with the recovery process, and we have the tools and expertise to help you, too. We perform every job with a restoration-first mindset, meaning that we will do everything we can to restore your home and belongings to their pre-damaged state instead of liquidating your property and recommending expensive replacements.
Why We Do Every Job With a Restoration-First Mindset
We can help you save money on your insurance. Many homeowners will be relieved to discover that most types of damage can generally be claimed with insurance, but this can be quite pricey depending on the cost of your claim and the rise in your premium. With a restoration-first mindset, we can keep your overall insurance claim lower, reducing the amount that your premium get raised.
We can protect your sentimental items. In any sort of disaster scenario, keeping your family safe is the most important thing—and when you have to evacuate to do this, you may be leaving some extremely sentimental items behind. We understand that some things could never be replaced, which is why we have invested in restoration technology to make salvaging these items possible even after severe damage.
We make sure your home feels like home again. It is emotional to return home after the restoration has been completed, and can be disheartening if the recovery is not what you had envisioned in your head. Because we handle all the cosmetic touches and keep your belongings where they belong, we aim to make your first trip through your front door a positive one after you have experienced so much.
If you have damages and are feeling overwhelmed, we are here to help. You can call us as soon as you need to in order to begin the restoration process. Contact us today to learn more.
According the to U.S. Fire Administration, there have been 45 deaths so far this year in Wisconsin. This has become the second highest recorded number of deaths in Wisconsin due to fires in the last 5 years. While fires can occur any time of the year, the chances increased during the winter months. Having said that, here are some things to keep in mind as winter approaches.
- Now is a good time to change the batteries in your smoke alarms if you haven’t already done so. The life span of a smoke alarm is also 10 years, so make sure to check the dates on your alarms and replace if necessary.
- Use caution in the kitchen as the Holidays are approaching. This is one of leading causes of home fires.
- If you choose to use a space heater, make sure to use the proper precautions.
- Never plug a space heater into a power strip or extension cord, always plug directly into an outlet
- Place the heater on a flat surface, never on cabinets, tables, furniture or carpet
- Always unplug and store it when not in use and never leave unattended when it’s running
Finally, it is so important to have an evacuation plan in place that you and your family practice. The more you practice it, the more it will become second nature if a fire does occur. A fire can be emotional and devastating, but we can help point you in the right direction and walk you through every step of the process so you always know what is going on. You spend years building the memories in your home and understand how important that is. Give SERVPRO of West Milwaukee a call today and we will make your fire “Like it never even happened.”
Preventing Fires in the Workplace
Often times we discuss how to prevent fires at home, but not always what we can do to prevent fires in the workplace. The best thing we can do as employers is educate the employees and keep our buildings running smoothly.
Here are some additional tips on things that the occupants of any commercial facility can do to help prevent fires in the workplace.
- Make sure your fire extinguishers, control panels and any other fire protection equipment is easily accessible.
- If you have any hazardous materials or waste on site, make sure they are stored properly and disposed of properly.
- Schedule regular maintenance to make sure all your fire protection equipment is up to code and functioning properly.
- Have regular fire drill training and educate your employees how to use fire protection devices.
- Consider investing in building security. Employees should know how to lock up the building and how to report suspicious activity.
- Have a designated smoking area that is a safe distance away from the building.
- Have an emergency plan in place. SERVPRO of West Milwaukee has a great program available to all commercial facilities and it’s absolutely FREE for your business!
- Follow OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) and NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) Guidelines.
SERVPRO of West Milwaukee will always help you be prepared for the unexpected. If you do experience a fire at your workplace, give us a call and we’ll get to work to restore your property to its preloss condition as soon as possible to minimize down time.
Emergency Ready Profile
You are the facilities director for several properties. It’s 1:00am and your phone rings. A pipe burst in one of the 20 buildings you manage. Which one is it? Where is the water shutoff? Who do I call first and who’s going to answer in the middle of the night?
Having a plan in place should a disaster strike is the best way to minimize down time and business interruption. The percent of businesses that never reopen after suffering a disaster is overwhelming at 50%. Of the ones that survive, the majority of them had a preparedness plan in place. A SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile can be a great asset to your company. It is a great supplement to existing disaster/contingency plans as well. It provides critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services.
The SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile Advantage:
-A NO COST assessment of your facility
-A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency
-A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster
-Establishes your local SERVPRO Franchise Professional as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider
-Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin
-Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information
All of this information is available to you in a paper document we supply to you and you have access to the information 24/7 right from your smartphone in a free app. SERVPRO of West Milwaukee is committed to providing fire and water cleanup and restoration services to reduce your business interruptions and recovery costs. We can handle any loss, big or small. Give us a call today to schedule your ERP today or visit SERVPRO.com/Ready.
Winter is coming
With snow flurries in the forecast, it’s time to start thinking about preparing our homes for those cold snowy winter months. This past winter we experienced some of the coldest temperatures that we’ve seen in several years. Regardless of what Mother Nature decides to bring this year, there are some preventative measures we can take as homeowners and business owners to prevent our pipes from bursting.
When a pipe freezes, a lot of pressure is created and can cause it to burst, which can lead to serious flooding, especially if no one is home to turn off the water. Your best bet is to keep your water supply pipes warm and above freezing. Here are a few ways that you can do that:
- Keep your heat on-If you are leaving for a long period of time, you should keep your thermostat at 50 degrees or higher.
- If you have concerns that your pipes may freeze, open the faucet slightly and let it drip. This helps relieve pressure in the system.
- Open interior doors-Often times pipes are in cabinets. Opening those cabinet doors can help allow the heat in your home to keep the pipes warm.
- Make sure cracks and holes are sealed-If there are any gaps around holes where pipes run through walls or floors, make sure to seal those with caulk or spray foam insulation. Seal both the interior and exterior if possible.
- Add additional insulation-If you have pipes in areas that are not properly insulated, adding some extra insulation will go a long way. Basements and attics would be a good example of areas that may be in need of more insulation.
Worst case scenario, if you do experience a burst pipe in your home or business, call SERVPRO of West Milwaukee. We’ve handled dozens of calls just like this and we will get your home back to its preloss condition as soon as possible. You can trust us to take care of your home as if it were our own.